Frameworkless Front-End Development
- Author: Francesco Strazzullo
- ISBN: 1484249666
- Year: 2019
- Pages: 248
- Language: English
- File size: 3.6 MB
- File format: PDF, ePub
- Category: Front-End Frameworks
Explore an alternative method of front-end software development without using frameworks or third party libraries. This publication provides you with the essential skills and liberty to consider a”no framework” approach when choosing a technology for creating a new job.
You will work through the very crucial issues in a clear and sensible way, using practical approaches and resources to acquire an understanding of non-functional requirements. This book answers questions on important topics such as state management, which makes a navigation system, creating a REST client using draw, and shows the trade-offs and risks associated with choosing the wrong frame or tool for your project, in addition to providing sustainable, operational options.
Frameworkless Front-End Development breaks down the concept of technical debt as well as the manners that a framework can impact the lifespan of a project. Together with gaining a comprehensive and clear guide on coding effectively from scratch without frameworks, you’ll also learn some principles of specialized decision-making.
What You’ll Learn
- Review how DOM manipulation works
- Manage the state of a front-end application with different patterns
- Safely migrate existing applications to a new framework or to frameworkless code
- Use decision-making tools such as a Framework Compass Chart and an Architectural Clash
- See how the choice of frameworks can affect the ‘health’ and lifespan of a codebase
Who This Book Is For