Advanced API Security, 2nd EditionJanuary 28, 2021
Advanced API Security, 2nd Edition
- Author: Prabath Siriwardena
- ISBN: 1484220498
- Year: 2020
- Pages: 449
- Language: English
- File size: 11.8 MB
- File format: PDF
- Category: Security
Learn to better protect, monitor, and manage your own private and public APIs.
Enterprise APIs have come to be the common way of exposing business functions to the outside world. Exposing functionality is suitable, but of course, includes a risk of manipulation. This book teaches you about using OAuth 2.0 and related profiles to access APIs securely with web applications, single-page programs, native mobile applications, and browser-less software. Investigate root causes, and improve your security practices to mitigate against similar future exploits.
Security has to be an integral component of any development project. This book shares best practices in designing APIs for better security. API security has evolved since the first edition of this book, and also the increase of standards related to API safety has been exponential. OAuth 2.0 is the most frequently adopted framework which is used as the foundation for these standards. This book shows you how to use OAuth 2.0 in your own situation in order to secure and safeguard your business APIs out of exploitations and attacks.
What You’ll Learn
- Securely layout, build and deploy enterprise APIs
- Pick security criteria and protocols to match business needs
- Mitigate security exploits by understanding the OAuth 2.0 hazard landscape
- Federate identities to enlarge business APIs beyond the corporate firewall
- Protect microservices at the edge by securing their APIs
- Create native cellular software to get APIs securely
- Integrate software with SaaS APIs shielded with OAuth 2.0
Who This Book Is For
Business security architects who are interested in best practices around designing APIs. The book is also for developers who are building enterprise APIs and integrating internal and external software.