Basic Math for Game Development with Unity 3DJanuary 28, 2021
Basic Math for Game Development with Unity 3D
- Author: Gregory Smith, Kelvin Sung
- ISBN: 1484254422
- Year: 2019
- Pages: 403
- Language: English
- File size: 7.9 MB
- File format: PDF, ePub
- Category: Game Programming
Use Unity-based examples to understand fundamental mathematical concepts and determine how they are applied when building modern video game performance. You may gain the theoretical foundation you need, and you will understand how to examine and modify an implementation.
This book covers points in a 3D Cartesian coordinate system, then discusses vectors and also the details of the cross and dot products. Basic mathematical foundations are exemplified through Unity-based example implementations. Also provided are examples showing how the concepts are applied when implementing movie game functionality, for example, collision service, motion simulations, autonomous behaviors, shadow approximations, and manifestation off arbitrary walls.
Throughout this book, you understand and examine the concepts and their applications in a match engine.
- Know the fundamental concepts of points and vectors and their applications in sport development
- Apply mathematical theories to contemporary video game performance, such as box and spherical colliders
- Implement autonomous behaviors, including following waypoints, facing a goal, chasing an object, etc..
Who This Book is For
Beginners, and people interested in the implementation of interactive games, who need a fundamental mathematical background or a refresher with modern examples