Beyond the Basic Stuff with PythonMay 1, 2021
Book Name: Beyond the Basic Stuff with Python
Author: Al Sweigart
File size: 3.6 MB
File format: ePub
You’ve Finished a Simple Python programming tutorial or Completed Al Sweigart’s bestseller, Automate the Boring Materials with Python. What’s the next step toward becoming a capable, confident software developer?
Welcome to Beyond the Basic Stuff with Python. Over a mere collection of innovative syntax and masterful tips for writing clean code, you are going to find out how to progress your Python programming skills using the command line and other professional tools like code formatters, type checkers, linters, and version control.
Sweigart requires you through best practices for setting up your development environment, naming variables, and improving readability, then tackles documentation, business and performance measurement, as well as object-oriented design and the Big-O algorithm analysis commonly used in programming interviews. The skills you learn can boost your capacity to program–not just in Python but in almost any language.
- Coding style, and the best way to use Python’s Black auto-formatting tool for cleaner
- Common resources of bugs, and how to find them with static analyzers
- The best way to structure the documents in your code jobs with the Cookiecutter template tool
- Functional programming techniques such as lambda and higher-order functions
- The best way to profile the speed of your code with Python’s built-in time it and cProfile modules
- The computer science supporting Big-O algorithm analysis
- How to Create your comments and docstrings informative, and also just how frequently to write them
- The way to make courses in object-oriented programming, and why they’re used to organize code
Toward the end of the book you’ll see a comprehensive source-code breakdown of 2 classic command-line games, the Tower of Hanoi (a logic puzzle) and Four-in-a-Row (a two-player tile-dropping match ), and a breakdown of their code follows the publication’s best practices. You will test your skills by implementing the program .
But Beyond the Basic Stuff with Python will get you further down this path and make you a better developer, as you Learn How to write readable code that is simple to debug and perfectly Pythonic