Building Microservices Applications on Microsoft Azure
- Author: Harsh Chawla, Hemant Kathuria
- ISBN: 1484248279
- Year: 2019
- Pages: 262
- Language: English
- File size: 8 MB
- File format: PDF, ePub
- Category: C & C++ .NET
Implement microservices starting with their architecture and moving on to their deployment, manageability, security, and monitoring. This book focuses on the key scenarios where microservices architecture is preferred over a monolithic architecture.
Building Microservices Applications on Microsoft Azure begins with a survey of microservices architecture compared to monolithic architecture and covers microservices implementation in detail. You’ll see the key scenarios where microservices architecture is preferred over a monolithic approach. From there, you will explore the critical components and various deployment options of microservices on platforms such as Microsoft Azure (public cloud) and Azure Stack (hybrid cloud). This includes in-depth coverage of developing, deploying, and monitoring microservices on containers and orchestrating with Azure Service Fabric and Azure Kubernetes Cluster (AKS).
This book includes practical experience from large-scale enterprise deployments, therefore it can be a quick reference for solution architects and developers to understand the critical factors while designing a microservices application.
What You Will Learn
- Explore the use cases of microservices and monolithic architecture
- Discover the architecture patterns to build scalable, agile, and secure microservices applications
- Develop and deploy microservices using Azure Service Fabric and Azure Kubernetes Service
- Secure microservices using the gateway pattern
- See the deployment options for Microservices on Azure Stack
- Implement database patterns to handle the complexities introduced by microservices
Who This Book Is For
Architects and consultants who work on Microsoft Azure and manage large-scale deployments.