DevOps for SharePointFebruary 4, 2021
DevOps for SharePoint
- Author: Ethan Schumann, Oscar Medina
- ISBN: 1484240227
- Year: 2018
- Pages: 256
- Language: English
- File size: 2.6 MB
- File format: PDF
- Category: Hardware & DIY
Deploy a SharePoint farm in a repeatable, predictable, and reliable fashion utilizing Infrastructure as Code (IaC) techniques to automate provisioning. Savvy IT pros will learn how to use DevOps techniques and open source tools to greatly reduce expenses and streamline management operations for SharePoint farms located via Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure, or even on-premise.
DevOps for SharePoint can allow you to navigate the intricate challenges of managing and deploying SharePoint Server farms. You are going to find out how to reduce time-consuming tasks and errors when generating testing, development, or production environments. And you’ll benefit from studying proven procedures to employ Microsoft updates with minimal downtime and productivity loss. Whether you’re a SharePoint architect, IT pro, or programmer helping clients with the SharePoint platform, then this book will teach you the most useful DevOps practices to tackle those issues and broaden your skillset.
What You’ll Learn
- Know the basics of the very popular open-source tools–Vagrant, Packer, Terraform, and Ansible–and how to use them in the context of deploying and scaling a SharePoint farm
- Utilize Vagrant to construct SharePoint development surroundings in under an hour, also add automated testing
- Utilize Packer to create a”golden image” with preconfigured settings, then use it as the base picture on your Terraform configuration for both AWS and Azure farms
- Utilize Terraform to scale your SharePoint plantation topology
- Use Red Hat’s Ansible Playbooks to perform configuration management in your farm
- Use Terraform to deploy immutable infrastructure environments using IaC (Infrastructure as Code)
- Use InSpec 2.0 to stay in compliance by analyzing your cloud infrastructure
- Use Ansible to apply Microsoft upgrades and patches
IT pros and developers who are looking to expand their understanding and take a modern approach using open source technologies to work with Microsoft products. Expertise in installing SharePoint, along with a basic comprehension of either Azure or AWS, is helpful.