Hands-on Azure ReposJanuary 28, 2021
Hands-on Azure Repos
- Author: Chaminda Chandrasekara, Pushpa Herath
- ISBN: 1484254244
- Year: 2019
- Pages: 280
- Language: English
- File size: 18.4 MB
- File format: PDF
- Category: Cloud Computing
Use Azure Repos to manage your code in both centralized and distributed version control procedures. This book will demonstrate how you can use Team Foundation Version Control (TFVC) and distributed version control (Git), while exploring their own best practices.
You will start with an introduction to Azure Repos, focusing on TFVC and Git, and then slowly transition into hands-on lessons of working with TVFC. Next, you’ll see how to set up and utilize TFVC branches and tracking systems followed by usage of command line and security in TFVC Repos. The book then explores security in Git Repos and advanced options you can use to import from external Repos. With Hands-on Azure Repos as your guide, you will be able to work with these version management tools on any platform and with any terminology.
What You Will Learn
- Integrate Azure Repos using Azure Boards to enable tracking work with code.
- Produce guidelines to tackle difficult situations in using Azure Repos
- Clone Azure Repo to local using Visual Studio and vs code
- Use shelvesets, code reviews, and lock types
- Perform activities using REST API with Azure Repos
Who This Book Is For
Software developers, tech leads, and architects.