- Publisher : No Starch Press (4 December 2018)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 248 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1593278551
- ISBN-13 : 978-1593278557
- Category: Linux
This practical, tutorial-style book utilizes the Kali Linux distribution to teach Linux basics with an emphasis on how hackers would use them. Topics include Linux command line basics, filesystems, networking, BASH basics, package management, logging, along with the Linux kernel and drivers.
If you’re getting started across the exciting path of hacking, cybersecurity, and pentesting, Linux Basics for Hackers is an excellent first step. Utilizing Kali Linux, an advanced penetration testing supply of Linux, you’ll learn the basics of using the Linux operating system and get the tools and techniques you’ll want to take control of a Linux environment.
First, you’ll learn how to set up Kali on a virtual server and get an introduction to fundamental Linux concepts. Next, you are going to tackle wider Linux topics including manipulating text, controlling directory and file permissions, and handling user environment variables. You will then focus in on foundational hacking theories like security and anonymity and learn scripting abilities with celebration and Python. Practical tutorials and exercises during will fortify and test your abilities as you learn how to:
– Write a tool to scan for network connections, and connect and listen to wireless networks
– Maintain your internet action authenticated using Tor, proxy servers, VPNs, and encoded email
– Compose a bash script to scan open ports for possible targets
– abuse and use services like MySQL, Apache web server, and OpenSSH
– Construct your own hacking programs, such as a remote video spy camera along with a password cracker. –
Hacking is complicated, and there is not any single way in. Why not start at the beginning with Linux Basics for Hackers?