Book Name: Mastering Swift 5.3, 6th Edition
Author: Jon Hoffman
File size: 16.2 MB
File format: PDF, ePub, MOBI (with source code)
A comprehensive Manual for programming enthusiasts who wish to gain a firm command of the Principles and advanced Swift concepts
Through time, Mastering Swift has shown itself as one of the developers as a popular selection for an in-depth and practical guide to the Swift programming language. This sixth edition comes with the newest features, and overall revision to match Swift 5.3, and two brand new chapters on building swift from source and advanced operators.
From the fundamentals of the language to favourite features such as concurrency, generics, and memory control, this comprehensive guide will help you build up your expertise and mastery of this language.
As you advance, you will gain practical insights into some of the most complex elements in Swift growth, including protocol extensions, error handling, and closures. The publication will also show you how you can use and apply them to your own endeavours. In later chapters, you will know how to use the ability of protocol-oriented programming to write elastic and easier-to-manage code in Swift. In the end, you will learn how to add the copy-on-write feature to your custom value types, along with understanding how to avoid memory management problems brought on by strong reference cycles.
From the conclusion of the Swift book, you will have mastered the Swift 5.3 language and developed the skills you need to efficiently use its attributes to build powerful applications.
What you will learn
- Understand core Swift elements, such as operators, collections, control flows, and functions
- Describe how and when to use classes, structures, and enumerations
- Utilize protocol-oriented design with extensions to Compose easy-to-manage code
- Leverage layout patterns with Swift to solve commonly occurring design issues
- Employ copy-on-write to your custom value types to improve performance
- Insert concurrency to your applications using Grand Central Dispatch and functionality queues
- Employ generics to write adaptive and reusable code
Who this book is for
This book is for beginners with a basic understanding of programming and knowledgeable developers looking to learn Swift programming. Familiarity with Apple’s tools will be beneficial but not compulsory.