Book Name: Modern CSS
Author: Joe Attardi
File size: 34.5 MB
File format: PDF, ePub
Modern CSS Book Description:
Come on a tour of”Contemporary” CSS in 2020. This example-driven novel demonstrates the concepts by demonstrating code examples, screenshots, and diagrams to help clearly communicate the information.
You will begin with the very basics of CSS: box model, colours, selectors and combinators, and specificity. Then gradually proceed through more intermediate topics — styling text, positioning, Z-index and stacking contexts, gradients, borders, and then to more complex topics such as transforms, transitions, animations, flexbox, and CSS grid. Some attributes are only available in modern browsers (Chrome, Edge, Safari, and Firefox), but info regarding IE11 compatibility is included wherever possible.
There’s a good deal of debate about how hard CSS is, and how intimidated some people are by it, but it doesn’t need to be this way. Modern CSS uses a logical and understandable approach to breakdown and certainly explain the ins and outs of CSS.
What You’ll Learn
- Work with the syntax of CSS selectors and compute specificity
- Use styling techniques, fonts and text styling
- Review custom properties (variables)
- Research the various ways a component can be altered
- Use animating components with CSS transitions
- Position elements using Flexbox design
- Know the Fundamentals of responsive layout
Who This Book Is For
Anyone with some experience with HTML, and a few CSS, but might not be familiar with a number of the newer concepts like flexbox or grid. Also, people seeking a refresher in those areas.