Book Name: Practical Git
Author: Johan Abildskov
File size: 7.5 MB
File format: PDF, ePub
Exercise your Git skills using exercises in your own surroundings. This book introduces concepts in an abstract visual manner, and then enforces this learning through exercises — the Git katas.
You will start with fundamental interactions such as commits and branches, and continue on to both the internals and collaborative workflows. Each topic is supplemented with interactive Git exercises that can be solved with any Git client — either the ubiquituous CLI or one of many graphical clients so you’ll discover in the environment that you work in.
The importance of Git is hard to overstate — it’s used by 90% of applications engineers worldwide and is the de facto standard for version control. Honing your Git abilities is guaranteed to make you a much better and more efficient programmer. Building software can be stressful, but it doesn’t need to be. Practical Git will give you the Git abilities you need, and help keep your Git skills sharp.
What You Will Learn
- Utilize Git through scripted exercises along with also the Git katas
- Understand Git’s chart version
- Troubleshoot common and rare scenarios you will face
- Select and apply the right Git instrument for the task
- Keep and collaborate Git repositories
- Tweak Git to gain the most from this powerful tool
Who This Book Is For
Anyone who’s currently using Git in a copy-paste style. It’ll take you from utilizing Git to understanding Git.