Pro PowerShell for Amazon Web Services, 2nd Edition
- Author: Brian Beach, Emmanuel Tsouris, Rodney Bozo, Steven Armentrout
- ISBN: 148424849X
- Year: 2019
- Pages: 524
- Language: English
- File size: 15.7 MB
- File format: PDF, ePub
- Category: Hardware & DIY Cloud Computing
Within this book you will learn how to utilize Microsoft PowerShell to create, host, manage and administer workloads using Amazon Web Services. You will find out how to make virtual machines, provision storage, configure programs, and more–all together with your preferred Windows scripting language.
CIOs everywhere are contributing their organizations to the cloud, however, there are only a few books available to help. This publication focuses on shifting Microsoft Windows workloads to the cloud with technologies familiar to enterprise Microsoft-based professionals.
The fully revised and expanded Pro PowerShell for Amazon Web Services is written specifically for Windows professionals who know PowerShell and want to learn to host Windows workloads on Amazon Web Services. The cloud features information technology employees with significant cost savings and agility unimaginable even only a couple of years ago. Tasks that traditionally took weeks of work, costing tens of thousands of dollars, can be completed in seconds for a fraction of a cent.
What You’ll Learn
- Create and manage Windows servers on Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2)
- Configure and secure networks with Virtual Private Cloud (VPC)
- Leverage autoscaling to adjust resources as load fluctuations
- Deploy and manage SQL Server with the Relational Database Service (RDS)
- Manage virtual desktops using WorkSpaces and AppStream
- Leverage AWS Systems Manager to manage Windows in scale
Windows professionals who wish to learn more about Amazon Web Services, with a focus on running Windows workloads and automated management at scale utilizing PowerShell tools for AWS. The book assumes you have knowledge of Windows and PowerShell, but are brand new to AWS.