Programming Persistent Memory
- Author: Steve Scargall
- ISBN: 1484249313
- Year: 2019
- Pages: 438
- Language: English
- File size: 8.9 MB
- File format: PDF, ePub
- Category: Programming
Beginning and experienced developers will use this thorough guide to persistent memory programming. You will know how persistent memory brings together many fresh software/hardware requirements, and provides great promise for greater performance and faster application startup times–an enormous leap forwards in byte-addressable capacity in comparison with present DRAM offerings.
This revolutionary new technology provides applications significant functionality and capacity improvements over existing technologies. It requires a new method of thinking and developing, which makes this highly disruptive to the IT/computing industry.
Programming Constant Memory describes the technology and the reason it’s exciting the industry. It ensures the operating system and hardware requirements as well as the way to create development environments using emulated or actual memory hardware that is constant. Source code and examples that you can run on your systems are contained.
What You Will Learn
- Know what continuous memory is, what it does, and the value it brings to the Market.
- Become Knowledgeable about the operating system and hardware requirements to use persistent memory.
- Know the Basics of constant memory programming: it is different from current programming Procedures, and what programmers need to Remember when programming for persistence.
- Consider consistent memory software development by example using the Persistent Memory Improvement Kit (PMDK).
- Design and optimize data structures for continuous memory.
- Study how real-world applications are altered to leverage persistent memory
- Utilize the tools readily available for persistent memory programming, application functionality, and debugging.
- C, C++, Java, and Python developers, but will also be helpful for applications, cloud, and hardware architects throughout a broad array of industries, including cloud providers, independent software vendors, high performance calculate, artificial intelligence, data analytics, big data, etc.