- Author: J.J. Merelo
- ISBN: 1484262573
- Year: 2020
- Pages: 425
- Language: English
- File size: MB
- File format: PDF, ePub
- Category: Programming
Explore Raku problems and solutions using the latest version of the Raku programming language. In Raku Recipes, the emphasis will be on applying Raku code to different important tasks and applications including information science, analytics, microservices, and desktop/console software. Additionally, there are interesting one-liner script recipes and directions on the best way best to make mini-languages of your own.
All in all, over 70 recipes cover a wide range of the tasks and issues encountered by a contemporary Raku programmer. You will have the ability to solve problems starting from basics such as input/output and mathematics, to more complex domains like microservices web sockets, webhooks, and mini-bots.
- Place Raku to utilize in a Real-world environment
- Work with Raku modules, such as layout classes, roles, and more
- Query a GeoIP database and extract information from the web
- Carry out text processing such as creating a dictionary using fast searches over it and scratching markdown files
- Work with MongoDB, WikiData, and other information sources
- Build data analytics and science software using Raku
- Integrate with Python, C, and other languages and languages
- Create mini-languages and shell scripting languages
Who This Book Is For
Though some previous knowledge in Raku may be useful, it is not required. Prior programming experience using previous versions of Perl is recommended, however.