SEO is very important for any brand that wants to be visible on search engines, create traffic on their website and attract more and more customers. This subject may seem complicated at first glance. And even if it is true that working on your SEO requires a lot of time, taking a few minutes to read this article will allow you to save considerably! Let’s explain…
SEO: what is it?
By definition, natural referencing, also called SEO for Search Engine Optimization (literally “optimization for search engines”), represents the techniques used by search engines ( Google , Qwant , Bing , Ecosia , etc.) to classify response results when a user does a search. The SEO of your site therefore corresponds to its place in the ranking for a given query. You should know that this ranking is not definitive, a bit like a boxing championship. The champion constantly puts his first place at stake. So you can gain or lose positions in search engine optimization on a day-to-day or even hourly basis.
Why do we say nseo? Because SEO is free and largely concerns the nature of our content . It differs from advertising results, called SEA (Search Engine Advertising). You will obviously note that SEA is favored by search engines (yes the fight is a bit rigged…).
How to get listed: understanding search engines
SEO requires work on the part of search engines that you do not even suspect, but which must be understood to better tame the search engine algorithm. It requires several steps:
- Indexing : Before being referenced, your web pages will go through the index regardless of the search engines you use. The index is a storage space which represents a large database updated daily by search engines, this step called indexing, is the first step before being referenced. To be indexed, don’t worry, the engine does it directly through what is called crawling.
- The crawl : We are not talking about swimming, you will have understood! Search engines continually crawl web pages to index new pages and remove deleted pages. To discover the pages, the search engine goes from link to link. This is why having links leading to your site allows it to be better referenced.
- The SERP : the Search Engine Results Page is the results page that is displayed when an Internet user types a query. The search tool selects from its index the results that seem most relevant to it.
SEO: what is the point?
SEO: a major source of traffic
When you create your web page, you want others to visit it, but if your site is not optimized for search engines, you will have very little traffic. If you run an e-commerce site, for example, your business will directly lose profitability.
The position of your pages on the results page will allow you to have more or less traffic. For example, on average the click rate on the page in the first position is 36%, the second 33%. As you will have understood, the more well positioned you are, the more traffic you will have.
SEO: an advantage in visibility
SEO is a real communication advantage because, if done well, it can generate a significant rate of traffic. These people who visit your site are potential customers.
Good SEO is therefore the solid basis of a good communication campaign. And remember it’s free. So go for it, but know that optimizing your site requires a significant investment of time.
SEO: how to improve it?
Now that you understand the concept. We will explain to you more concretely the actions necessary to be better referenced.
The technical aspect
When Google or any other search engine crawls, they don’t read everything on the site, it’s a waste of time. There are millions of other sites to scan. So you have to make it easier to read, the easier it is, the better you will be referenced. There are many parameters that come into account:
- The speed of your site: the server must be well configured. Its host, be well located according to your visitors (site.fr » if it is in France)
- Its structure: the easier the navigation, the better the site will be referenced.
- The code of the pages: the fewer errors there are in the source codes (HTML, CSS, etc.), the easier reading will be.
This is where the famous keywords and others come into play. Titles, naming of images, captions… The content must be coherent and therefore of high quality, with specific vocabulary, a precise theme, a semantic field…
These are links from other web pages that redirect to your site, so-called “back links”. To have back links you need a site optimized as best as possible on technique and content, because they are a guarantee of good quality. It is important to have a good number of back links but they must also be of quality. Make sure of the source of the back links and their reputation…. Of course you also need to make links to other pages internally and externally to improve your SEO.
This is, as you will have understood, essential to have a good presence on search engines. It has the advantage of being “free” compared to other possible tools for promoting your image. Its only drawback is that it requires a significant investment of time.
Natural SEO is part of our expertise in digital communication, so do not hesitate to contact us at ezbacklink.net. We will happily take care of optimizing your natural referencing. Do not hesitate to consult our services for more details on our offers and discover all our communication expertise.