TCP / IP For Dummies, 6th EditionMarch 15, 2021
TCP / IP For Dummies, 6th Edition
- Author: Candace Leiden, Marshall Wilensky
- ISBN: 0470450606
- Year: 2009
- Pages: 456
- Language: English
- File size: 11.7 MB
- File format: PDF
- Category: Networking & Cloud Computing
Packed with the latest information on TCP/IP standards and protocols
TCP/IP is a hot topic, because it’s the glue that holds the Internet and the Web together, and network administrators need to stay on top of the latest developments. TCP/IP For Dummies, 6th Edition, is both an introduction to the basics for beginners as well as the perfect go-to resource for TCP/IP veterans.
The book includes the latest on Web protocols and new hardware, plus very timely information on how TCP/IP secures connectivity for blogging, vlogging, photoblogging, and social networking. Step-by-step instructions show you how to install and set up TCP/IP on clients and servers; build security with encryption, authentication, digital certificates, and signatures; handle new voice and mobile technologies, and much more.
- Transmission Control Protocol / Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) is the de facto standard transmission medium worldwide for computer-to-computer communications; intranets, private internets, and the Internet are all built on TCP/IP
- The book shows you how to install and configure TCP/IP and its applications on clients and servers; explains intranets, extranets, and virtual private networks (VPNs); provides step-by-step information on building and enforcing security; and covers all the newest protocols
- You’ll learn how to use encryption, authentication, digital certificates, and signatures to set up a secure Internet credit card transaction
Find practical security tips, a Quick Start Security Guide, and still more in this practical guide.