Book Name: Web Application Security
Author: Andrew Hoffman
File size: 20 MB
File format: PDF, ePub
While many resources for network and IT security are accessible, detailed knowledge about modern web application security was lacking–until today. This practical guide provides both offensive and defensive safety concepts that software engineers can easily learn and apply.
Andrew Hoffman, a senior security engineer in Salesforce, introduces three pillars of web application security: recon, offense, and defense. You will find out methods for effectively researching and assessing modern web applications–including those you do not have immediate access to. You will also learn the best way to break into internet applications utilizing the latest hacking techniques. Last, you will learn how to build mitigations for use on your own web applications to protect against hackers.
- Explore common vulnerabilities plaguing today’s web antivirus software
- Understand essential hacking methods attackers use to exploit software
- Map and record web applications for that you do not have immediate access
- Create and install customized exploits that may bypass common defenses
- Create and install mitigations to protect your applications against hackers
- Integrate secure coding best practices into your development lifecycle
- Get practical Pointers to Help you enhance the general safety of your internet applications