Write Great Code, Volume 2, 2nd Edition
- Author: Randall Hyde
- ISBN: 1718500386
- Year: 2020
- Pages: 656
- Language: English
- File size: 4.6 MB
- File format: PDF, Mobi
- Category: Programming
Thinking Low-Level, Composing High-Level, the second volume in the milestone Write Great Code series by Randall Hyde, covers high-tech programming languages (such as Swift and Java) and code generation on 64-bit CPUsARM, the Java Virtual Machine, and the Microsoft Common Runtime.
Today’s programming languages provide productivity and portability, but also make it easy to write sloppy code that isn’t optimized for a compiler. Thinking Low-Level, Composing High-Level will instruct one to craft origin code which ends in great machine code once it is run through a compiler.
You will learn:
• The best way to test the output of a compiler to verify that your code generates good machine code
• The Kinds of machine code statements that compilers create for common control arrangements, so you can Pick the Best statements when writing HLL code
• Enough assembly language to read compiler output
• How compilers convert various constant and variable objects into machine information
Having an understanding of how compilers work, you will have the ability to write source code which they can translate into refined machine code.
NEW TO THIS EDITION, COVERAGE OF:
• Programming languages like Swift and Java
• Code generation on contemporary 64-bit CPUs
• ARM chips on cellular phones and tablet computers
• Stack-based architectures such as the Java Virtual Machine
• Modern language systems such as the Microsoft Common Language Runtime